Monday, May 30, 2011

Rick Dial, a HEARTLAND PRECINCT: Missing Girls cast member, passed away Friday, 5- 27-2011

Rick Dial, a HEARTLAND PRECINCT: Missing Girls cast member, passed away Friday, 5- 27-2011


After our "Hollywood upgrade" was applied to HEARTLAND PRECINCT: Missing Girls, Rick Dial was excited to hear that we were going to be a Screen Actors Guild signatory production. He and I had talked about several roles he could play, but had not officially named his part. However, he was one of the men in the running to play the lead role of the Sheriff.


Rick and I met back in 2001 when I worked in Malvern. I had been talking with him to play a part - again as a sheriff- in my film "Shadow of Sin". He and I had many discussions on the phone and in emails at that time and had become good friends. When I would show up unannounced at his furniture store to talk shop, he would drop everything, tell someone to hold his calls, and he would take me to his office where we would discuss movie business for sometimes an hour or more.

Rick Dial was my biggest cheerleader/supporter in the development of all of my film projects and he read all of my screenplays. He was one of the original members of AMMO: the Arkansas Movie Makers Organization and was soon to be named as a member of the board.

Perhaps best known for his role in "Slingblade" and "The General's Daughter", Rick Dial was in many award winning movies. A few months ago, Rick told me about auditioning with Jack Black for a movie.

Rick Dial enjoyed his life as an actor; it is a special and rare thing when someone dies while living there dream and loving life so much...... My friend, you will be dearly missed.

Cody G. Carson


--
Cody G. Carson
film producer, director, actor, author, inventor

My profile on Linked IN http://www.linkedin.com/in/codygcarson

My Facebook www.facebook.com/people/Cody-G-Carson/503409798

My Myspace http://www.myspace.com/codygcarson


No comments:

Post a Comment